Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Walking Wounded & Rebuilding After Deconstructing

Kathy Escobar has offered to do a special session of  Walking Wounded  for those who have left Mars Hill. It is a 4-week online workshop designed to help you move through the painful and confusing aftermath of a negative faith-based experience. Please comment or email Sophia if interested. I am looking to find out how much interest there is and then we will put it together.

In the meantime, there is an amazing series of posts over at Kathy Escobar's blog entitled Rebuilding after Deconstructing.  For me personally, this is an answered prayer.  I have decided to work through these posts on my other blog, http://sophiasavedbygrace.blogspot.com/.  If anyone would like to join me, I will be spending more time there in the next few weeks.  Please know that it is a safe space, and also if you are not ready to face questions about faith that others may have without criticizing or preaching then I ask that you do not participate.
Here are the links to the first 6 of 7 posts in the series (there is one more coming):

Rebuilding after Deconstructing

Rebuilding after Deconstruction: 1 Honoring the Process

Rebuilding after Deconstruction: 2 Acknowledging Losses

Rebuilding after Deconstruction: 3 Discovering What Remains

Rebuilding after Deconstruction: 4 Finding What Works

Rebuilding after Deconstruction: 5 Celebrating What Was


Below is Kathy's Stages of the Journey chart.  These posts and definitely Walking Wounded would be a great idea if you have hit "THE WALL".

Stages of Faith

2 comments:

  1. Reading through the book "Chrysalis - the Hidden Journey in the Transformation of Faith" by Alan Jamieson while contemplating God's purpose in suffering brought me through my dark tunnel. Alan Jamieson also discusses faith stages that are very similar to what Kathy has included above. Makes me think of this, "These have come so that your faith - of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire - may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed."
    "Bless all those who hurt and don't understand. May they come to know and love you more, Lord Jesus, as You prove their faith genuine."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. It may help me to process the struggle of "am I becoming a 'liberal' christian?"

    ReplyDelete